Essential Travel Process
As a result of this work, we have developed an Essential Travel Process. This process will come into effect April 30, 2020. The process will be reassessed weekly and is subject to change.
All travelers coming into the community by plane and train may be asked to present an essential travel letter. There are different ways to obtain a letter, depending on your reason for travel:
- Essential workers, as defined by the province, will receive letters from their employers confirming that they are entering the community to do essential work, this includes healthcare staff and contractors.
- Those travelling for medical appointments that have been booked through NPTP will receive letters prior to travel.
- Community members who are planning to travel, those outside of the community who are looking to return, or those who are traveling to the community (for an approved reason as defined by the province) can complete a request form for a letter. The request form can be found here, or you can pick-up a hard copy from the greeter at the front door of the health centre.
Upon arriving in Churchill, either by plane or train, you may be asked to present the letter. If you do not have a letter, you will not be denied travel however once arriving in Churchill, you may be subject to additional screening.
This process is not meant to act as enforcement, but as surveillance.
Questions regarding the Essential Travel Process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 204-675-8383.
Essential Workers travelling to Churchill to do essential work (as defined by the province)
- Ask your employer for a "certification of essential worker" letter. Templates for this letter have been provided to stakeholders and agencies in the community. If you employer does not have the template, have them email email@example.com or call 204-675-8383 for more information.
Residents travelling for medical appointments that were booked by NPTP
- A letter will be provided to you prior to travel. Contact NPTP if you have not received your letter.
Community members planning to travel, those outside of the community returning home, or those who are planning to travel to the community (for an approved reason as defined by the province)
- You will need to complete a Request for Essential Travel Letter
- Complete the form that can be found here or pick up a hard copy from the greeter at the front door of the health centre.
Submit the completed form electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off with the CHC greeter.
All requests will be reviewed Thursday and Friday afternoons.
You may also be requested to provide further information if your form is incomplete or requires more information.